A thorough diagnostic assessment is administered before tutoring sessions. This assessment process determines a student’s skill deficiencies. The initial tests also serve as a baseline to determine progress based on future testing. We test in the following areas:
- Sight Word Vocabulary
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading Rate
- Math Concepts and Computation
- Learning Styles
- Study Skills
Listed below is a sampling of the test batteries used in our assessment process:
- Woodcock Johnson Tests of Achievement
- Informal Reading Inventory (Burns/Roe)
- Learning Channel Preference Checklist (Lynn Neff, Ph.D.)
- The testing process takes approximately 1-3 hours (depending on the student’s skill level).
- A consultation is scheduled within 24-48 hours of the assessment. The purpose of the consultation is to review the testing results and to make recommendations for instruction.
- All tests are administered by Peggy Kearney, M.Ed.